Friday, January 1, 2010

Look over there to your left. Those were the days, blonde and trim, but I wouldn't go back for any amount of money. Being a teenager is not fun. You don't have the tools to fight the demons in your head. You actually CARE what people think, you THINK you're in love, what a joke! I told my "honey-bun" Martin, the other day that I thought kids shouldn't start the first grade until they're about 8. Stay in kindergarten, learn to read and write, but first grade would start much later. Then you couldn't get your driver's license until you were about 20, couldn't date until you were about 25, when your brain is closer to being mature. Think of all the boo-boos in your life that would not have happened if you had been on this time-table. But then think of all the great things, like kids, that wouldn't have happened. I'm where I am today because of all the hits to my heart, I love today, and I'll love tomorrow! I've got two great children, grandchildren, a good 'ol husband,a good vehicle and four dogs. My house is warm in the winter and cool in the summer, I have THE greatest friends in the world. They've been there when family couldn't, they've been my sisters, and so much more. They sure lifted my butt outta the sand when I couldn't walk another step. They've fed me and clothed me and dried my tears and laughed till we peed in our pants.' Stay tuned and you'll hear all about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment