Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cinco de January

EEEEE doggies! Sho is cold heah in the South this mornin'. What's that the Yankees are sayin' about global warmin'? Why, it wuz 49 in Miami! B'lieve I'll just shimmy back under grannie's quilt and get warm. Dad-gum yankees!
This feels like the winters of my youth. Late September, it started feeling like fall, nights were a little cooler and the oppressive heat of summer was waning. By my birthday, November 1, it was "fanny freezin" cold. And Christmas, forget about outside toys, you couldn't play with them until at least April without freezing to death! I stayed cold ALL the time. Since I was the youngest, I had to ride in the back seat and it was always so cold. It took car heaters forever to heat up. From the time you left for school until you got there, it never got warm. Did anybody ever notice that I was cold? When I was in junior high, Mother got a Chevy Monza that had a motor in the rear. There were two outlets of some sort in the back under the seat and hot air would blow from them. That's the FIRST time I remember being warm in a car. I guess that's why when I brought my Trailblazer, I insisted on heated seats. I don't get as cold as I used too, but those heated seats are fine. Kim Carr and I ride in the summer time with the air conditioner wide open and the heated seats on! Funny what menopause will do for you, ya never know what temperature it really is! But that's for another day. Today it's about cold, bone chillin, no fat women thrown out of the bed, teeth chattering, three dog night COLD! Of course this IS the South, next week it could be 75, ya just nevah know!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Debbie, yep it is so cold I had to pick my little pup up and make her go outside and pee, she did a fast retreat back to the house still peeing while she ran..wonder it didn't freeze to her bootie....but like you said , it is the south , if you don't like the weather just wait a few minutes and it will change.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete